TEMU Coupon bundleFrog NFTIf this character & is in...Join 20Cogs and get a fre...Blue or Red poll testBoss G12W-8 12" Waza Spea...IK Multimedia's Pick & Mi...test videoJust a test topic

DreamHost

ssi latest member

Please welcome tino, our newest member.
Members
  • Total Members: 17
  • Latest: tino
Stats
  • Total Posts: 211
  • Total Topics: 77
  • Online Today: 94
  • Online Ever: 576
  • (January 22, 2020, 02:28:35 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 64
Total: 64
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:00:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
TinyPortal 2.1.3

Compatible with both SMF 2.0 and 2.1 RC2/RC3

Visit our Amazon Store

amazon.com
64 Guests, 0 Users

Recent Topics

Members
  • Total Members: 17
  • Latest: tino
Stats
  • Total Posts: 211
  • Total Topics: 77
  • Online Today: 94
  • Online Ever: 576
  • (January 22, 2020, 02:28:35 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 64
Total: 64

Author Topic: Ace Radio  (Read 26956 times)

Offline ZarPrime

Ace Radio
« on: April 26, 2012, 10:38:50 AM »
Hi Mick,

Check out the top block in the right panel.  Tell me what you think. ;) Jeff has this on his site.  BTW, the headset gif image is actually on Jeff's site.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 10:53:46 AM by ZarPrime »

Offline admin

• Canon
  • Administrator
Re: Ace Radio
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 10:33:09 PM »
Jim, that's a neat block.  I tried something similar a while back, but gave up after I couldn't get it working.  Good job you know what you're doing. lol.. 

BTW, the headset gif image is actually on Jeff's site.

I did notice it was hosted at Jeff's site, as for some reason the image wasn't showing for me in IE9.  So I copied the address and pasted it into my address bar, and the image showed up ( strange I thought).  Then went and viewed my home page again and the image was there. doh..  lol..

Rgrds

Mick 

Offline ZarPrime

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 09:04:46 PM »
I don't know why that happens on some sites.  It could be that Jeff has some kind of thing going on there where if you access the image once in a while, you'll see it, and at other time, not.  The best thing to do, if you are going to use this anywhere, is to grab a copy of the Gif image from Jeff's site and upload it to the same location here on your site.  I think he has it in his root.  However, if you do that, you'll probably need to edit the code for that block to point to the image.

Jim

Offline admin

• Canon
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 09:31:15 PM »
I don't know why that happens on some sites.  It could be that Jeff has some kind of thing going on there where if you access the image once in a while, you'll see it, and at other time, not.  The best thing to do, if you are going to use this anywhere, is to grab a copy of the Gif image from Jeff's site and upload it to the same location here on your site.  I think he has it in his root.  However, if you do that, you'll probably need to edit the code for that block to point to the image.

Jim

Thanks Jim.  That's really strange about the image, it's missing again for me on both my computers.   I'll do as you said and grab a copy of it, and upload it when I get a couple of minutes to spare.  :tup:

Mick

PS, thanks for the info Re:  the sorttable.js thing..  You answered my question.  :tup:

Offline ZarPrime

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 04:17:26 PM »
Just a quick test post ... 8) 8)

Offline admin

• Canon
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 05:43:00 PM »
Just a quick test post ... 8) 8)

Jeez, is it Christmas already Jim.  lol...  Or are you off to a fancy dress party.   :D

Added headset image to gallery, and edited block to point to it.

By the way Jim, if you need to add images for testing blocks etc, you can always add upload them somewhere in the gallery.  :tup:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 05:49:37 PM by admin »

Offline ZarPrime

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 05:47:23 PM »
<Hah Hah> Ah, no, not Christmas yet.  Just the first avatar I grabbed to upload.  Trying to test some new block code in the bottom panel. ;D

Offline admin

• Canon
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 05:51:58 PM »
<Hah Hah> Ah, no, not Christmas yet.  Just the first avatar I grabbed to upload.  Trying to test some new block code in the bottom panel. ;D

opps, edited my post above while you posted this. ;)

You mean the linktree type thingy at the bottom?  ;D

Offline ZarPrime

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 05:56:01 PM »
Uh, no, the recent topics block at the very bottom with the Avatar for the last poster.  Gotta figure out how to grab the topic's first poster as well.

Offline admin

• Canon
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 05:56:46 PM »
Cool, OK, I see what you did now.  Do you need that sorttable.js file added for those blocks?  If so, does this have to be added to all themes?

Offline ZarPrime

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2012, 06:00:57 PM »
Well, I was going to mention that javascript file but I should already have that working so it doesn't matter, you could add it if you want.  I think it works fine no matter what theme, as long as it's in the right place.  Hmmm, let me look ...

... No, it should work fine for every theme so if you want to drop it in, it needs to go into ...
// Drop the sorttable.js in your Themes/default/scripts directory.

Offline ZarPrime

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2012, 06:05:57 PM »
OK, I can see that you added the sorttable.js in.  FYI, I set the first column, the Avatar column, to not be sortable, but the others are.

Offline ZarPrime

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 06:07:24 PM »
Oh, and the other thing that is not in this block is the nicetooltips, in case you were wondering.  Just trying to do one thing at a time and sort out errors as I add code to it.

Offline ZarPrime

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2012, 06:10:34 PM »
Oh, and I might as well mention this as well.  The 2 icon columns are sortable right now as well but I will probably make those not sortable as well because they are really part of the subject column.

Offline admin

• Canon
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2012, 06:13:38 PM »
Removed the sorttable.js file again,  site stopeed responding when I added it for some reason.  I removed it, and site worked, put it back and it stops responding again. :(